Sunday, October 12, 2008

recap

Wow, it has been over a month since I've posted! I cannot believe it. I guess the reason I haven't written a lot is because what has really been on my mind is something that I can't write about in a public forum. Was that too mysterious for you? It's really not that exciting.

Anyway last month was great--I saw Godfather parts 1 and 2 at Film Forum on 2 different weekends. I still like part 1 better. It's possible that my first failed attempt at seeing part 2 (not having seen the first one yet, I fell asleep 20 minutes in, and woke up at the very end.) has marred the movie for me in some way. I do see that it is a great movie though. I just love Marlon Brando and James Caan, and I love seeing the Family intact. If you're in New York they are playing until Tuesday, so go see them!

Last month I also went to Washington DC for one Billy Fettweis's birthday extravaganza! It was a lot of fun--spending time with Randolphians always is. It was kind of a whirlwind trip, 5 hours on the bus each way and 24 hours in DC, including sleeping. My favorite part was the big delicious breakfast we all cooked up and ate together. Unfortunately I did not take any pictures, but luckily Billy took about one hundred and ninety.

Yesterday the Grand Street Community Band played at Pumpkin Day in McCarren Park in Brooklyn, and it was so much fun! We played under a giant sycamore tree, and there were tons of little kids there with their parents. The weather was perfect, and after the show we ate lunch on a rooftop. Then when I got home I made pumpkin soup that was delicious. Yay fall!

And, next weekend I'm going to New Jersey to have a fall/nature weekend with Laura. I can't wait to go hiking in the Delaware Water Gap again, it should be lots of fun!

Time always moves very fast in the fall, maybe it's because the days get shorter. I hope you are enjoying the cool air, temperate breezes, and sunny days while they last. I promise to write again before the election.

1 comment:

Eric Holthaus said...

the leaves are crunchy up in nyack today!