Thursday, February 19, 2009

to tweet no more

I left twitter. It was too weird.

The main reason is that I didn't like the false sense of community that it provided. I get enough false community from Facebook, thankyouverymuch. For instance, I have a friend who lives 135 miles away, who I talk to often, but rarely see. But, through twitter, I knew what he was doing every day, so I felt like I didn't need to talk to him, because I already knew what he was doing. And so rather than feeling closer to him, I felt further away. Anyway, it was too weird and distracting, so I quit.

In other news, I saw The Bridge Project's "The Winter's Tale" last night at BAM. I had never read it before, and didn't know much about it, but I thought it was really beautiful. I'm still processing it, so I don't have much to say about it other than that.

Yet another news item: going to Ithaca this weekend! I haven't been back since December of 2007, so I think it will be a nice treat to see it once more. I can't wait to eat at CTB and Viva, and see old friends and professors! Yay.

Ok friends it is back to work for me. Farewell.

1 comment:

Emily said...

did you see, supposedly social networking sites are making kids unempathetic, self-centered, and ADHD-prone: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/scienceandtechnology/technology/facebook/4790044/Social-networking-sites-changing-childrens-brains.html