Monday, February 2, 2009

tweet tweet

Today I joined twitter, despite my skepticism about ambient awareness. But I think it's kind of cool to see little random updates from my friends throughout the day. Even though it is cyber, it still makes me feel connected to people. Technology is weird.

Also, today is Groundhog Day! Apparently Phil saw his shadow so we are in for six more weeks of winter, which stinks. All day I was thinking about the movie Groundhog Day, and everything I did I thought, "would I do this again if this day kept repeating itself?" Most of the time the answer was no. If this day repeats itself tomorrow, I think I will get up and make my oatmeal and tea the same way, but then I would go outside and bask in the 50 degree weather. I would not go to midtown, or to my office. I'd go to a museum and walk around the city for a while, during the day when it is relatively empty. I would rent a boat and paddle on Central Park Lake. I would also plan for what I would do the next day, and the next, and the next...

So happy Groundhog Day, my fair readers. I hope the next 6 weeks of winter are a little warmer than the last.

No comments: